11.09.2010

Day 9- Thankfuls

Today is such a nice day.
The sun is out and melting the snow off the roof.
But as you can see, the storm is just outside my door.

Its just a matter of wind change and we'll be getting that snow.


This view is from my front porch and yes, just a wind change away from some more snow.

Naked trees look so funny.
If only they frosted up like the trees in Alaska.

What I'm thankful for today has nothing to do with these pictures.
I just wanted to show you what my neck of the woods look like today.

I'm thankful for Cailyns independent spirit.
Not because we are having another potty training fiasco.
Or that she tells me "no" all the time.
Or that when I tell her to do something or to stop doing something she tells me she's going to spank my butt.
And not because she's always so sweet like you all think.
But I am thankful that she thinks for herself.
She knows what she wants, she pays attention to what is going on around her and she reacts
to me like I react to her.
She might try to be the boss all the time but I kinda see it like she's just taking control of her environment.
Yes, she does like to be the boss and take control and yes, I get really annoyed sometimes. (Most of the time.)
But I'm thankful my girl is a strong girl.
I hope she always stays a strong girl.
I hope in life she is the girl who thinks for herself and acts for herself.
I want her to be strong enough to be the boss.
I'm thankful she's strong because she can teach her little sister to be strong too.
Even if I have two very bossy girls for awhile, I'm okay with it.
Or if I have two little girls who want to be in control, I'm okay.
I'll just try and teach responsibility and accountability so that they know that with control comes
humility.
And gratitude.
Because they'll be grateful I didn't beat em for saying "no" to me 100 times a day.

2 comments:

Ian and Beth Leach said...

I love that she bites the carpet and not her mommy.

Motorcycle Mamma said...

Me too Beth! Sadie I am so impressed with your writing! Such a talent....and I love the Thanksgiving Tree!