Grandma Harriet died today at 1:21am Alaska time. She passed in her sleep, just like she had wanted. She told nurses her bed felt like a cloud in Heaven! She was 95 years old. My memories of Grandma are many and hold a special place in my heart. While I lived in Anchorage I used to take lunch to her from Gandolphes. She would order a Ruben on rye and would eat nothing else! Its now one of my favorite sandwiches! When she lived in Talkeetna we would visit and she would let us play dress up in all her old clothes! I loved that!! Snickernoodle cookies were always a main staple in her house. Visits to Grandma's house were always a treat since she would tell us stories of the old days. Grandma had a spunk about her that couldn't be denied or ignored! She told you how it was in ways that made you laugh till your stomach shook and you were crying! It was hard not to smile when you were around her. Even as her age took its toll on her memories she could make you feel as if you were always on her mind!
I'm sorry I didn't write, call or visit more. I'm sorry I missed out on her last days with us. I know she rests with our Lord and Savior and Heavenly Father in peace. I know her body isn't restricting her anymore and her disabilities are gone. She is entertaining the courts on High! She is reunited with brothers, sisters and parents. She visits with friends and past loved ones. Whats not to celebrate? Life has made its full circle for her and she is Home.
I will miss you Grandma! I love you and Go in Gods Name.

4 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your Gramma. And a sweet testimony that this life is not all there is to our eternal souls.
Love you!
Thanks Sadie. That was wonderful to read. Bless you as you think of her and remember all those wonderful time. We love you guys.
It's so hard. Those are beautiful memories you must always try to remember, though.
Sadie you summed it up so nicely. Thanks for the lovely tribute and memories! Great picture too! Grandma would be very pleased.
Post a Comment