12.23.2012

My Christmas Wish

Pin It
I realize its been awhile.
I also realize its Christmas Eve tomorrow.
Its my blog so I'm going to hash out a few feelings, thoughts and emotions
that I have about this time of year.
I'll set the stage for you.
Cailyn and Carly are walking around the house in matching pajamas with flash lights looking for monsters. The tree is lit with sagging lights and our random family decorations.
Hallmark is running a Christmas movie marathon and I've had it on ALL day.
I'm sitting at my over sized table with my sewing machine on my left and the girls left over nuggets on my right.
I feel like I could cry at any given moment. Just wait, the water works come and go.
Corey is away in North Dakota working on a drilling rig.
He's been stepped on and kicked around the past few months and finds himself with a transfer and a demotion. My emotions on the subject nearly drive me to me going postal.
Not only is my sweetheart working so far from home but he's not here for Christmas.
Please don't think I'm complaining. I am not.
My heart is too full of gratitude to complain.
I'm too thankful to be sad.
My tears are for thanks for all the tender mercies I feel this time of year.
I feel them more then just in December but they go into full force as we near the the Celebration of our Saviors Birth.
I feel like no matter what the circumstance is, there is reason to be happy.
I have two beautiful girls who make this world look better everyday.
I have a husband who loves me, takes care of me and honors our marriage.
I have parents who are flying from Alaska to be with us.
A sister flying from Europe to be here.
An older Brother and his family who will be here from Washington.
Another brother who called to make sure he sent the right gift but can't be here.
A little sister who travels way too often to bring her new baby to see me.
A younger brother who also has to head back to the oil field during the holidays but headed this way just in case.
No matter how I add it up I am a lucky girl who will be surrounded by my family this Christmas.
So during the next few days I wish you the same.
I wish you a love and peace that only Christmas can bring.
I wish you blessings and happiness for the New Year.
I wish you the spirit of Christ in your heart.
Merry Christmas.

0 comments: