5.28.2011

Another Saturday with my Girls

I wonder if this is how single parents feel when they get to wake up on a sunny Saturday
with their kids. I have always felt like it would be so hard to not have your kids all the time.
When I hear about my friends who get their kids a few weekends a month
I wonder if they feel like I did this morning.

I got up and was feeding Carly when Cailyn came in and snuggled on the couch with me.
I had hardly noticed her because she was so quiet.
After Carly finished I put them together and they snuggled for a bit.
I couldn't help but feel like this was the best feeling in the world and wouldn't mind if I felt this way every morning.

I felt so in love with my girls. I'm not a single parent but somedays I feel like I am.
Only because Corey is gone half the time though.
And the weekends that I just have my girls is something special for me.
Its like we can do anything or nothing at all.
I miss my sweetheart when he's gone but I do cherish these simple sweet mornings with my babes.
Theres nothing better then this.
Jammies until we feel like getting dressed.
Toast and chocolate milk.
Sun peaking in through the curtains.
Cartoons.
Snuggling on the couch with my girls for as long as they will hold still.
Hope your Memorial Day Weekend is as special as mine.
I might not be BBQing with family and friends or shopping all the sales
but I am thinking of our service men and women who have served this country with their lives
and those who still serve today.
I'm also making memories with my kids who I love.
Even if those memories are something as simple as smiles on a Saturday morning.

0 comments: