11.27.2010

I give it an "A" for effort.



I bought a dress pattern.
I got the top done, was starting on the skirt and zipper
when all h*ll broke loose.
It was like reading french.
I had no idea what the instructions were talking about.
And it became very apparent very quickly that I wasn't going
to be making a dress.
I cut my losses, literally
and made a skirt instead.
No zipper.
No elastic.
No frills.
Just a skirt.
I'll go over to the craft store later and find something to
glue on to jazz it up a bit.
It needs something.
Its what Cailyn will wear at Lisa's wedding reception.
I think I'll also look for a better top.
And something cute for her hair.
At least I have a great pair of shoes for her.
I do what I can.
Literally.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know, i think a little purple tulle would be fabulous over that skirt! just an idea. i love how you write. there's something i like about it.

Miles and Bex said...

I wish I knew how to sew. We just spent way too much on our girls dresses.