9.10.2010

A Sister making A Sister

Being a sister is something.
Making a sister is something else.
I have spent lots of time thinking about how I wanted to have a boy
but now
I think more then anything else I'm pretty nervous about having another girl.
Not because I don't know how to raise a girl
but I've never
raised a sister.
Tessa and Lisa are my sisters.
Tessa was older and out of the house before I came into my own.
Lisa was quite, simple and we didn't have much in common.
Sad because we are so close in age.
We all shared a room at one point.
We did the sisterly things growing up.
Lisa and I had to put duct tape in the middle of the room to keep from killing one another.
I was the mean sister.
I might still be the mean sister but Lisa carries the punch.
Tessa is the peacemaker.
Always has been and always will be.
I love my sisters.
And I want Cailyn to love her sister.
I want Cailyn to share a room with her and like it.
I want Cailyn to teach her to use moms make up when mom is cleaning the kitchen.
I want Cailyn to tell her secrets and stories.
I see my girls holding hands on the first day of school.
Both scared but excited.
I see my girls giggling when a cute boy says hello.
I also see them slamming doors, yelling at one another, stealing clothes from each other and not talking.
I don't like it but its part of being a sister.
I have no idea who will be the mean one or the peacemaker or even who will carry the punch
but I do know that
sisters are forever.
They might be in their 20's before they like each other.
Or maybe in their teens.
All I know is that making sisters is an uncertain thing.


2 comments:

Tessa's Blog said...

Sadie I haven't told you in awhile how much I love you, but I really truly do! We all have faults, but more than that we can call ourselves friends and that means sooo much to me. I am so eternally grateful to have such great sisters (you too Becky) that it's hard to express sometimes. Cailyn will be a great sister--she may not want to share all the time, but that just can't be helped. Your an amazing Mom Sadie I hope you don't forget it!!

Mindee said...

Love it Sadie.....I never had a sister...I am so glad my girls have each other and I really believe that they are best friends.