7.06.2010

Our 4th of July in Flaming Gorge, Utah

I sure love this guy.
Green River
That family of mine.
Cailyn and her cousin Alyzay feeding the ducks near our cabin.
The cabin in Dutch John we rented with Aunt Sandy and Uncle Rich, Brandon and Ann and their kids.


We had such a fun trip! We headed east Saturday morning towards Vernal.  Dutch John is just about 40 miles from Vernal and then its just minutes to the famous Flaming Gorge. Flaming Gorge was created when they put up the dam.  Its amazing!
The lake was warm and so green!
Saturday was so nice and the weather just perfect.
Sunday was another story. It was thunder, lighting and rain.
Then Monday when we all were heading home it was so nice again!
So Sandy, Rich, Corey, Cailyn and I took the boat out for about 4 hours.
It was so much fun!!
The 4th was good no matter what the weather.
I don't know what the weather was like when our fore fathers were signing the Declaration of Independence but I bet they didn't let a little rain storm stop them.
I'm so grateful to be a citizen of this great nation and to call myself an American.
Our views might differ, our thoughts changing but nothing takes away our ability to chose.
I chose to be free and I'll fight for those freedoms that I know were fought for years ago.
God Bless America.


1 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like fun!