4.09.2010

Rules

Rules.
They are every where.
Its a long list of all the rules we have in life.
I'd like to touch on house rules.
MY HOUSE RULES.
A few years ago it was called etiquette.
Common sence if you will.
I've come up with a few rules we have set up in our house that apply to us, our kids and ANYONE who stays with us.
Mostly, we don't have to mention rules because mostly people get it.
People get that when they are a guest in my home they will be treated with respect and warmth.
People get that they are in somone elses enviroment and that enviroment should be treated with respect and warmth.
Most people get this general rule of thumb.
Treat your host with humility.
Now. On to the rules.
1. Don't leave your clothes all over the house. I don't leave my clothes all over so please keep your things tidy.
2. Hang up your towel when finished using. Either over the shower rod or on a hook.
3. Flush then put down the toliet seat.
4. Clean up after yourself. I will do the dishes but please rinse and stack your dishes neatly by the sink. Dish hunting is out of season everywhere.
5. If you use tobacco, use it outside. ALL FORMS OF TOBACCO. Yes, this includes chew. Also, I don't want any reminders that you do use tobacco left behind when you leave.
6. Don't hit my dog. I don't care what he did. Do not hit my dog.
7. I don't care if we are related, I'm a mother, wife and adult and will be treated as such.
8. Once in awhile, depending on your length of stay, offer to help clean something. After all, you are part of the mess. Unless you are really good at rule #4.

Now, did this offend anyone? Is anyone scared to come stay with me?
I bet not because nothing on my list was out of the ordinary.
It was mostly common knowledge.
If something did suprise you then I bet at some point you have worn out your welcome.
Thats okay, no time like the now to make it right.
I'm happy to say I've only had to remind a couple people of only a couple of these rules.

This was in no way directed at any one person.
I love having my family, Coreys family ( who is now my family) and friends stay with us.
So come one, come all to the Cunningham Ranch!
Myself or Corey might even put you to work depending on how long you stay. 

Cailyn got her first fat lip today. It was bloody. She cryed. I wanted to cry.
All is well.
Aunt Sandy with Cailyn this week. Thanks for coming to see us!!  Had too much fun watching everyone get the giggles!

You wouldn't believe that just after this picture was taken Cailyn flipped back and bumped her head. She thought she was being such a big girl on the big chair!!  Good times!

1 comments:

Momza said...

Yea! for Rules!
Don't think anyone could misinterpret or be offended by those, unless they're breaking them! lol
Love you Sadie!