5.04.2009

New Life!

Some pretty columbine in bloom makes me glad.
Purple ruffly flowers make the world go round.

Lilacs need no explanation.

If I knew what the name was I would use it, so I'll just call it my snow white princess flower.


The new mound out front courtesy of COREY C CUNNINGHAM, INC.





If you know what this is, please tell us. We "found" it. Looks like its sad but its really just in shock. We hope.


I love pine tree's. This one is so soft!!!! I really mean it. Just feel it next time you stop by.


Like silk. Green pointy silk.


Ah yes, Siberian wallflower. I do believe this is a full sun perennial. Its in love with its new home. I'm just in love with flowers.

I know you're probably thinking that I am the luckiest girl ever!!!! I have a Mongolia bush in my yard!! Right by the deck actually. I am so blessed!


New life coming out of my rose bush. She's the only one that survived the winter and my lack of gardening skills.

Don't new leaves just make you want to sing? Something about new life and birds. Someone write a song about budding tree's ok?


Yellow orangish flowers will soon be coming out of this bush and I can't wait!

We have about 8 sandcherry bushes. They are the reason I get up in the morning.


Lavender. Sweet, wonderful lavender.

You Alaskans better know what this is!! To you it may be a weed but here in Jello Land its a perennial!!! Lupin. One mans junk is Utah's treasure.

Yup, I don't know what this is. Again, some help here would be nice.

Corey swears a flower will come out of this. And guesses? Anyone?

My cosmo's coming out to grace us this summer! Its about the only annual I planted this year and only because a pack of seeds were about $1.29.
So there you go, our yard as of TODAY. It started raining just after I came in to blog.
New development: Cailyn has learned how to shut doors after she's in a room. This makes looking for her extra frustrating. She's really sneaky.

7 comments:

Momza said...

Gorgeous! I will take a stab at the guessing game and say the last plant before the cosmos is an Iris...which I love!

It's warmer there than here still...blah.

Your yard is going to be heavenly in the summer!

Motorcycle Mamma said...

Sadie, the reddish leaf and stemmed plant just past the Lupine might be peony...did you ever plant one of those? They are getting big in Alaska and people are growing them for a cash crop for cut flowers, filling a nitch that seasonally, other areas can't fill. I am thinking of getting a couple and seeing if I can avoid killing them. YOUR GARDENS ARE WONDERFUL! My pride gusheth over.
Love, MOM Oh, p.s. I think Momza is right about the Iris. I looked at it but couldn't think what the stems looked like, but she is right. Plus your Lupines will be different colors whereas we only get blue, at least in nature. Probably people are cultivating colored ones in the garden, possibly as annuals.

Ian and Beth Leach said...

Like mother like daughter. Two little green thumbs. I'm so impressed with your garden. Jealous even. Living in an apartment has its drawbacks. I wouldn't go as far as you, but I might plant some dandelions or something.

K said...

All I can say is - WOW! When I saw your yard for the wedding, it was all dirt and mud. It looks FABULOUS now!!!!! I can't believe you have all those flowers and plants in your yard. It's like a botanical garden!

Tessa's Blog said...

Hey Sadie--your yard looks great--everything is coming along so wonderful. That one you were wondering about looks like the ones on the green plant right below it. If it's not then I have no idea! Well the leaves don't really resemble but the yellow part does. Why did you make the mounds so high? Has Cailyn tried eating any of them yet?

Janet said...

Beautimous! I think we used to call those white bushes with the snowballish flowers "snowballs" but I'm not sure they're the same thing. They're sorta like lilac bushes.

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Sadie-I agree with your mom. The reddish one looks like a peony to me too. The second to last one looks like a lilly. Mine just started blooming. Way to go! Everything looks great!