
Out of about 15 babies,
Cailyn was the ONLY one NOT to cry!!!! I was so nervous waiting in line, watching baby after baby breakdown in tears the moment their mom put them in Santa's lap. But as soon as I gave her up, she just looked at him with wonder and
amazement and then thought it be best to eat his beard. I was too in shock to actually try and get her to smile until after the lady stopped taking pictures. Oh well. Next time. But I still think they are pretty darn cute! We (Lisa and I) went to the
Festival of Tree's today. There were over 800 tree's decorated and up for auction to help the
Primary Children's Hospital. I was so close to tears so many times today! Many of the trees were decorated by families and friends of little kids who have died from various illnesses. There were pictures of little babies who passed way to early and the story of their short little lives just touched me so deeply. I had to remind myself not to hold
Cailyn too tightly. I just wanted to hold her and love her. I feel so grateful that I have such a healthy baby!
Cailyn is such a blessing, as are all kids, and I felt guilty as I got to hold a healthy, growing child while so many parents have had to bury theirs. But the mood of the festival was joyous! It was of hope and Christmas Spirit. I really loved it and am going to make it holiday tradition to attend each year. I am also going to make blankets and
quilt to donate. Lisa and I got some pretty sweet treasures at the gift shop portion!! People donated tons of homemade gifts to be sold with all he proceeds going to
PCH. I figure I could make up a few blankets and donate for next year. I think I'm most grateful for the
opportunity to really get a feel of the season and why we celebrate! Its not the gifts or tree's covered in lights, its the gift of Life our Heavenly Father gave us when he sent his Son. His life was a gift and blessing to us all. And like little children, that gift is a gift we enjoy each day! Hug your kids, thank your Heavenly Father and Have a Very Merry Christmas!
8 comments:
That was wonderful Sadie. You have such a great personality. I enjoy your humor. Isnt it like the Holidays to light that fire inside that speaks volumes. I just love this time of year. Where is the Festival you were talking about? You are right, we all must take the time to thatnk our Heavenly Father for such an amazing experience, for our blessings, and the time we have there with our loved ones. MUAH! Tyra
Sadie those pics are sooo funny not to mention dang adorable. Thats great that she didn't freak out with Santa--it's so funny but I swear the guy makes more kids cry than laugh--kinda ironic huh? Anyway I would have loved to go the the festival they really do a great job!
I can not believe she didn't cry. I love the little movie of her jumping. She kept double bouncing herself. It was too cute. I can not wait to see you guys and to play with my little neice.
is there a santa at festival of trees? those are cute pictures. i know we went last year to the festival of trees, and those pictures of newborn babies and little kids just breaks your heart. its such a great way to raise money for the PCH though, im so glad they do it every year.
Hi Saide,
My business partner is one of the decorators at the Festival of Trees! I am glad you got to go!
Cailyn is adorable--like her Momma~
Such cute pictures! Isn't it nice to have kids that love Santa right from the get go? My kids have been three for three with no tears. That's probably because Erik's their dad - not much can freak them out. Cailyn is adorable - we can't wait to see her in person.
I think Cailyn just knows about lumps of coal already and she didn't want to get any.
Adorable photos.
I lived in Farmington for four years, never got to go to fest of trees. There were people in my ward there that donated time and trees. Wish I had gone.
Cailyn is so cute with Santa! I'm so jealous you went to the Festival of Trees. I have ALWAYS wanted to do that but I never got around to it when I was out in Utah.
Post a Comment