10.08.2008

So like I was saying....

I forgot to thank all the moms who gave me some good advice from a few posts ago. I was going to just update you on Cailyns newest happenings! I also might mention that a couple of you thought I was breastfeeding but the sad truth is I am not. Cailyn had blood in her stools (poop) and the doctor wanted to do alot of testing to see what it was I was eating that was making her sick. I took dairy out of my diet for a week and nothing changed so the next thing was blood tests and I decided it wasn't worth it and to go with formula. It was a hard thing to do but I wasn't about to change one more bloody diaper and she was really good with formula. I feel like I have to explain myself! How silly! OK on to Cailyn NOW. She is doing everything a 4 month would do. Or so the Internet, doctor and other mothers of babies tell me. She does wake up sometimes in the night but like Tyra said, I was spoiled early on. I usually pop the Binky back in mouth and back to sleep she goes. Sometimes, she just wants to wake up and talk for about 10 min. and then goes back to sleep on her own. Either way, I just take it for what it is. I have also found that she does like to sleep more in the later afternoon if she takes a lousy nap earlier in the day. I think that goes without saying, try and get her to take a better afternoon nap! Cailyn is also much like her mommy and grandma Hansen. She likes to be home!!! This is more apparent during her normal hours of sleep or eat. She doesn't take good naps in her car seat or anywhere but in her trusty crib. I need to be grateful though. Cailyn is teaching me to be more flexible with my day. I can only imagine what the next kid will be like since Cailyn is SO easy!! I hope I don't come across as complaining since I AM NOT. I'm meerly reporting my findings to my loyal readers! HaHA! So her schedule goes as follows:



8ish: Bottle (7 oz. each bottle)

Play and nap

12ish:Bottle

Play, nap, go for walk ( not really in that order)

2ish: cereal ( she loves it now! I only do this once a day though and sometimes not everyday, really only when she acts hungry)

4ish:Bottle

play and nap

8ish:Bath

8:30ish Bottle

9ish:Bed



Her naps are anywhere from 30min to 90min. I don't worry much about her naps until we get close to bed time. I will wake her up at 7pm is she has not already woken up. This only happens, again, if she doesn't take good naps earlier. She is taking nice little nap now actually! And look, its like 4:15pm and I'm not waking her! OK well this is about all with that!! Thanks again, MOMS!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww thats so sad about her getting sick from something you ate... luckily andrew never had any problems..my sister couldn't eat dairy or all of her kids would spit up TONS...anyways, glad shes doing well! sounds like she naps a lot!! thats awesome! shes sure a cute little thing!

Momza said...

You are a fun mom! Thanks for your comment--did you find anything on that site you liked? Some of it is kinda froo-froo...not the Pottery Barn kinda linens. As for Dani--they're talking of a Spring Wedding. SO we'll see. He is a cutie.

cubshack said...

Well, I haven't checked your blog in a long time and man you posted a lot of stuff! Sorry to hear about Caylin's bloody poop. At least you have some way to fix it. That's good. As for some advice I can't remember who said it about not feeding babies rice cereal if they're pushing it out...What? That's how they learn to eat. They push it out with their tongues because they have to get the hang of it. No offense to whomever wrote that. :) That's about it. Good luck. And follow your dreams to the end of the rainbow (tear tear). You have a big enough support group. We would love whatever you would do. Anna