Cailyn is growing so fast!!! She had her four month appointment last week and her shots. She weighted 14lbs, was 27inch long and cried when they gave her her shots. So I guess normal? I got her the bumbo when shopping with Tessa and so far Cailyn is a bit confused by it. She doesn't hate it or like it. I think its the color, she HATES the color but I tryed to tell her Target only had one color to choose from. She is doing much better on her tummy time though! In fact she takes her tummy time to bed! She gets rolled over and makes sure to let me know...no matter what time it is. But she doesn't cry or scream...just grunts and kicks. Her eating habits are changing too. She wants to eat everything! Blankets, fingers, bibs, toys and whatever else she gets her pudgy hands on. She's been waking up at night which you might think is normal for a 4month old but not mine. She has slept through the night since she was about 10 weeks old. yeah. But not the past couple of nights. She wakes up like its the middle of the day and she wants to play. So I feed her and put her in the crib which is in her room and not mine. I let her play it out and fall back to sleep. Today I am trying out something new. Feed her more with each bottle and don't let her sleep longer then an hour and half between feedings. She likes to take 3 hour naps and I think that's part of the problem. I would love to hear what ya'll have tried with your tiny tippers as far as keeping them on a schedule while they are growing so fast and changing! Is it even possible??? Please tell me yes, I depend on a good structured day! And I'm sure Cailyn would benefit as well. Well that's our update for now! I'll keep you posted!
2020: Moving Again
6 years ago

5 comments:
Well Im sorry to bust your bubble but there is no such thing as a "structured" day, for abut the whole next year or two you should expect that.:) She is growing, hitting growth spurts, new things are happening, and she will have every feeling about all of those things. As for waking at night, you were unfortunatly spoiled right away,:) but this I can assure you is NORMAL. If you are breastfeeding that milk can be completely digested in half an hour. As for food, I would wait, personally. If it is annoying, and not working then shes not ready, and trust me she will let you know when she is. I'll email you next time, this was larger than I thought it would be:)
good luck with the sleeping... andrew slept thru the night really well by like 5 or 6 months, and then started waking again at 10 months when he started crawling, and just went back to sleeping thru the night when he was like 14 months old. so i read that it sometimes has to do with milestones they are working on (crawling and walking for andy) and they get excited and wake up wanting to do it. haha. kind of funny, but i think its true. so maybe she's working on something there? its a good idea you had to keep her up longer during the day, that should help, and make sure shes nice and full right before bed, sometimes when andys growing he wakes up to eat at night if i haven't fed him right before bed... but good luck!! its so frustrating to have a baby sleeping thru the night and then go back to waking up!!
oh and i was going to say, if you are breast feeding, like the comment above mine, you really don't need to worry much about food, andrew didnt really eat food until i stopped breastfeeding, he wasn't really interested, and since my husband has a lot of food allergies our doctor said go ahead and wait, they get everything they need until 12 mo. from breastmilk.
So if you want my two cents...if she is pushing the food out, then she is not ready to eat yet...so don't push it. So to help you feel better, all three of my kids were up in the middle of the night last night.
Kids will be kids but I don't think waking her up a ton during the day will help. If she's sleeping she needs it. Sometimes they don't sleep well at night because they are overtired. I think you can try a BASIC schedule. One of Sleep, Eat, Play, sleep, eat play. That way they get used to falling asleep on their own. I've enjoyed that with my second. She is sometimes so tired the play is very short or whatever but it's a good routine. It's a nice schedule because it's just an order, nothing strict. Good luck hun!
Post a Comment