9.12.2008

Sit ups, Snot and Politics

GO SARA PALIN!!!!!! Boo Hiss ON YOU CHARLIE!!! If any of you got the chance to watch the interview with Sara Palin and Charles Gibson, It was really good!!! Although, I thought Charles was a little well, ignorant with some of his questions and how he asked them. But in the same respect, Sara should have given it to him AK style. But I'm sure she had to be very careful in her responses. All in all, I'm glad Gibson asked tough questions because it only makes Palin stronger in her convictions. I'm pretty sure Gibson isn't voting McCain anyway so he doesn't mind being a little piss ant to her. I hope he got TONS of mosquito bites while in Alaska!!! Oh yeah, I took these from my couch, of the TV. Pretty crafty, I think. McCain was also on THE VIEW this morning. I once really liked Whoopi Goldburg but now I think she is just as stupid as Joy and the Blondie. Because of a comment McCain made about reform of some sort and the constitution, she took it mean that African Americans would become slaves again. Huh, seems strange that someone who HAS adopted an African American child would do something like that. Call me crazy. Anyway, McCain calmed her fears by saying that was in fact NOT his point, at all. Not even close. Isn't our little pit bull cute?? She really is a great lady!!!
Moving on! Cailyn got her first really good snotty nose and its been a good one for about 3 days now. She wakes up at night not able to breath out of her nose and probably tired of using her mouth. Besides, that's where the binky belongs. She gets really nasty with me whenever I even look at the snot sucker. Its almost like holding down a really strong puppy when I do get the sucker close to her nose. Then, the screaming starts. But it almost starts out like a yell then becomes louder and louder until she can't stand it! Then, the pinching. She grabs at everything that might hurt me and starts to pinch it! I have no idea where she learned that horrible punishment but its not cool. SO then after I get some of the snot out, I have to spray some saline solution up her nose to break up the rest of the snot. SO FUN! She is now using all the strength in her tiny body to squirm away from me. Then I start all over and try to get the remaining snot out. I'm thinking any experienced mother could get this task done in about 1 min or less. It takes me about 5-10 min. Think about that. That is a really long time to be wresting with a 2 foot noodle that is screaming at the top of her lungs! Needless to say, by the time I am done, we BOTH need some time alone. I put her in her crib as she continues to yell at me and I sit my computer and wonder if anyone else just did that same exact thing. Good times. Cailyn also wants to sit up today. (I bet you thought I was doing sit ups, huh? That's a laugh!) No, Cailyn seems to think she needs to sit up and do it now! No matter where I put her, crib, floor, bed, vibrating chair...anywhere, I will see her sticking her head out like a little chicken while reaching her skinny arms out until she gets so far forward that she's folded in half and cant move. Yeah, the yelling starts at that point to get her out of the new position. I'm really glad I took the time to listen to all the moms who said it would be hard. Because I really didn't pay that much attention to them! It is hard!!! But its so fun too. I love my little girl and one day, I might actually get a hang of this "mother" thing. So here's to good woman who stand up to old reporters, snotty noses and growing babies!!! Oh yeah, thanks for the comments! I was really only kidding, Erik and Amy!! Comments are like boogers, some people just get more then others!

2 comments:

Jennie C said...

I love to hear about your cute family and your adventures in motherhood!

btw, even after 4 babies, I never did get the nose clearing thing done as well as you. I always thought that when babies were coughing, I should just hold them upside down and let everything flow out of the lungs and then clear the nose, but I never tried it. ;)

Hugs, Jennie Cottrell

Miles and Bex said...

So we just watcched your video on Cailyn and Taegan just kept saying Cailyn is the cutest baby ever. Then whenever you would talk both the kids kept saying hi Sadie. I think they thought you were in the computer actually talking to them. Kinda funny!