9.07.2008

Grandma and Grandpa! Part Four- Back to Alaska

My parents took off this morning at about 8am. Its way sad to see them leave and I pray they have safe travels.
Thats right...Mona Utah to Alaska. They actually only go as far as Prince Rupert, British Colombia and then ferry the bike to Alaska. Still a long way!
Waving good-bye as the drive into the sunrise!
Just a quickie so you all get the four part post! My dad left Alaska about 3 weeks ago to head to the 105th Harley Davidson Birthday Party in Milwaukee. He then went from there to my house in Mona Utah. He met up with mom here. My brother Todd came down to help paint the house. They started painting on Wednesday and were done Thursday. We did like one hour of touch up on Friday. We went to State Fair Friday which I didn't put any pictures of up. Lisa also drove down from Alaska to start school this winter. She came down to Mona for the weekend. We had Cailyn blessed on Saturday and then had a nice BBQ. We had lots of family and friends there. Sunday morning my parents drove off to Logan to have church with Todd then they hit the road to Canada. Its been an amazing week!!! So much went on and yet it was such a gift to have our family here. My dad had never met Cailyn so it was really special for him. We are glad we have such a great family that they would come all the way to Utah to see us! Thanks Todd, Dad and Corey for the amazing paint job!!! Thanks Mom for watching Cailyn while I tried to help with the painting! And Thanks to all those who came to the blessing! We love you all, The Cunninghams

1 comments:

Momza said...

How wonderful for you to have family for a visit!
I spoke to Valerie (Ferguson)Nelson over the weekend. She is such a fun gal. Do u remember her from your mission? I told her to get a BLOG! And I told her about your way fun blog and your beautiful little Cailyn.
Are you ready for winter yet? It's BRRRR cold in Colorado SPrings this morning. I LOVE IT!