8.25.2008

Tummy Time...Modified

Cailyn hates being on her tummy for more then 3 seconds so one of my good friends suggested I use a "boppy" pillow. Since I am so thrifty and didn't want to spend $30 on one of those silly pillows, I made one. Its looks retarded. But it works! Tummy time is much more entertaining when her face isn't mashed into the floor.

And once she had enough of that, we turned her over and life was good again.
She still favors flat on her back but we think trying new things is good for her! We know what all you "seasoned" parents are thinking," keep them flat on their backs for as long as you can! Walking equals HELL!". And yes you are right. I have no idea the task it will be to keep a crawling or walking kid under control. And yet, I still want to see her grow and learn and figure things out! So tummy time stays!

4 comments:

Motorcycle Mamma said...

pip

Motorcycle Mamma said...

Love the new photos'! I can't wait to see you guys in a few days. I know that papa Jan must be really excited! Cailyn makes such wonderful expressions. Addison does too....I would love to see these two together in a couple of years. They would take over I know. Anyway, I have just decided to stop worrying about all the miles on the trip and just focus on getting to see my latest granddaughter. Love you guys! And save some zucchini for me!

Momza said...

I think your boppy pillow is way cute! Love the fabric! And way to go to encourage your little one to use those neck/shoulder/back muscles! Super Mom!

Heidi Michelle said...

oh Sadie, your little one is so stinkin cute! I must come see you guys when I get down there...at some point at least! And that is just an ab fab sewing job on your boppy pillow! Way to be all domesticated and thrifty! Two points for you!