8.13.2006

Travel LOG

There are pictures to come but first I will barf out all my happenings along the famous ALASKA HIGHWAY. I started out Wednesday morning around 7 from Palmer. I got to Haines Junction by about 9:30pm but before getting a ticket in Tok for speeding. If I had not just spent about 3 hours in construction I may not have been so excited about the long straight stretch that lay before just begging to be driven on by some hyped up girl running away from her home that she loves so much. Ok got of track there...bringin her home agian. So Tok...ticket. Stayed in Haines Junction...in my car...in a rest stop. It was actually pretty fun. The only scary part was the thought of someone looking at me through the window but the age old thery of "If I cant see you, you cant see me" helped and I just kept my eyes closed till I was fast asleep. The next morning I slammed down another JONES ENERGY drink and was on my way. I drove until I was about to scream and then kept going because Dawson Creek was too big of a city and I wanted small town. I ended up in some nasty truck driver motel with a desk guy that looked like the freak from that Steven King movie about the creepy holel and the crazy mans dead mother who still talks to him. Psyco I think its called. Anyway, this dude fit the profile. So after again, closing my eyes and thinking about happy things and saying a very long prayer, I feel asleep. Upon waking up to the throat clearing of some over weight trucker next door, I showered and was again on my way. This time I just wanted to get to Utah. I CROSSED the BOARDER at about 9:30pm. But first I had to go get lost in Edmonton, take the wrong exit in Calgary and use a really gross bathroom in a gas station. Montana never looked so good. I stayed in another rest stop just outside of Great Falls, Montana with more truckers and road slugs. IE. Moterhomes. Once I got going it was hard to stop. Except when I realized that the little bit of water I had spilled on my cellphone that morning had really killed my phone, I had to stop at gas stations to call home and report my where-abouts to MOM. I thought about counting cows but I really cant count that high. Then I thought about taking pictures of the pretty fields but my digital only has 160 pictures so I would never be able to get them all. So I counted cowboys and mountains. It was easy. Zero and Zero. GAL DARNET! ( a little Utah slang for you) At about 5pm Saturday, I drove into the new housing development that Miles and Becky call HOME. I am really happy to be here and be around Brayden and Taegan. They are amazing kids and I missed them! Now here I am wondering what else to write. I guess thats my clue to sign off and say good night! More to come I'm sure!

1 comments:

Cady said...

I'm so happy that you made it safe and are still sane! So, how much was this speeding ticket you talk about? On one hand I hope you made it worth it and it was a lot, but on the other I hope it was only like 10 bucks :). Reading this makes me want to drive down too! It has been forever since I have gone on that oh-so wonderful trip! Talk to you later.