10.13.2012

Elk Fever, Makes you CRAZY

Well here are camping in Indian Canyon.
Elevation 9000ft+.
Bull Elk and Anterless Hunting.

Found this at the camp site.
Those before us were hunting too I guess.

Its so pretty there.
The trees are so tall.
There are so many trees.
Not like in Mona.
No, the mountains have lots of trees.
Old trees.
Its nice.

And we wake up to snow and I was both THRILLED and a little sad.
Sad because its way too soon for snow.
Thrilled because it meant we could go home.
Okay so it wasn't early for snow when you're at 9000ft.
And it melted fast.
And we went home without an elk.
Corey was so sad.
That's his "I'm sad I didn't boom an elk" face.
It will happen though.
We've got the elk fever and the determination to figure this hunting stuff out.
He's out right now actually looking for a bull.
I have  a baby sitter ready to go at 6am tomorrow.
Its Boom-time.
Pin It

0 comments: