3.28.2011

Consumer Alert

First off, I don't like ratting out businesses.
I don't like being treated like an idiot either.
If my bad experience can save you from the like
then I'll have made something good out of it.
We bought a car from a private seller.
We brought the car home and found that needed some tuning up.
It was a Saturday and the only auto shop open was
BIG O TIRE.
Corey took it up to see what they thought.
They thought it was a $700 dollar repair.
Two fuel lines and labor.
I'm no lug nut but I knew that didn't sound right.
They said the two parts were $200 each ($400) and
labor would be about $300.
I called up to the dealership and found out the parts were in fact spendy but
not $200.
Not close actually.
I called Corey back and told him to wait until Monday when we can take it our
trusty mechanic at
HARMON'S TIRE.
Once Corey got it home he realized that he could fix the problem himself in about 30 min and with about .50 cents in parts.
Today Corey took the car to Harmon's Tire and the problem was fixed.
Lessons Learned:
Big O Tire is dishonest.
Big O Tire does not have experienced mechanics.
Big O Tire will rape your wallet.
I will never use a Big O Tire ever again.

Sure they have cheap tires.
And that's it.


New Car! 2001 Ford Explorer.
(Those rims came with the car....)

1 comments:

Tessa's Blog said...

So glad you caught it before you paid for it!! Nice car I hope it runs great for you!!