4.21.2010

Whooda Thunk It

Honestly,
Its amazing.
Its amazing how you can be in a single place,
in a single moment
and say something that stays with someone
forever.
And maybe it was many moments and many words that added up to be
a forever memory.
 I never would have guessed I had a moment like that with a family in Colorado
5 years ago.

It went like this.
Geno and Lisa S. were a part member family (please excuse the goofy missionary terms).
I was a missionary in my last area.
I was ready to head home.
I was also in a hard companionship (the sister I was serving with).

Back to Geno and Lisa.
I loved them.
I loved their home, kids, dogs, yellow living room wall and food.
I also really wanted Geno to get baptized so I could put another notch in my book. (Not proud)
During my time with Geno and Lisa I came to realize that
Geno wasn't ready yet.
He was in the right direction but it wasn't his time.
Great friendships were made and then the time came and I went home.

Fast forward five years.
I'm married to a non member.
Like Lisa.
I struggle with activity.
Like Lisa.
I love being a mom.
Like Lisa.
I love my husband more then chocolate.
Like Lisa.
My phone rings at 10pm on a Tuesday night.
Its Lisa.
Geno was baptized last year.
I cried, Like Lisa.
What is amazing,
Lisa had been looking for me so she could tell me
and spark up our old  friendship.
I knew how they had changed my life,
I didn't know how I changed theirs.

Never under estimate yourself or the prints you may leave behind.
You never know when you'll be the toucher or the touched.

I've had  that "awe shucks, buddy!" feeling since last night.
Thanks Lisa, I love you too!

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a great story. It just goes to show that when the time is right, it works out. Good luck with everything in your life right now. :)

Asherbie said...

Whoa. Interesting how it all plays out, huh? You were an awesome missionary, Sadie. And you're an amazing woman. Thanks for giving me someone to look up to.