I live downhill of a vacant field.
When it gets warm a river forms along side the road and makes its way to my driveway.
I usually expect this warm weather in March and April.
Well, it was really warm yesturday, today and maybe even tomorrow.
I spent some time today digging a ditch to divert the water away from my driveway and on down towards the tracks.
Even with my efforts, there is still a river running past my driveway.
Why am I blogging about this? Its been a really long week.
Cailyn has tried to use her butt cream twice for tooth paste.
Cailyn pulled poop out of her diaper and wigged out.
Cailyn doesn't take very good naps anymore.
I have mopped everyday this week.
I have done 3 full loads of just Cailyns clothes in about 2 days.
I just want to workout. And take a nap.
But its a long week that will be over soon. Maybe not soon enough but it will pass.
This too shall pass.
For something worse I'm sure.
Kids only get worse the older they get.
Until they are about 23.
Then they sorta stop trying to raise their parents and act like humans.
For now, I have a toddler.
No doesn't mean No.
"Mine" is a very literal term to be taken serious.
Shopping carts are for taking things out of.
Fits are a their way of telling us we are wrong.
Clothes have a 2 hour limit. If that.
They can and will win a stare down.
I've learned all this, this week.
Its been a long week.
And through it all, I still want another one.
Oh yeah, I got my glasses! I have another pair but these are my favorite.
Ok, this week wasn't all bad!!! I got new glasses!

7 comments:
Your a great Mom with a pretty normal and pretty amazing toddler. Don't forget it Sadie she is lucky to have you. Wish I could be there to give you a Cailyn free day and a nap!!
Potty training is just hard. Maybe it's a rite of passage to get to put your kids in school and have a break. :) I do loove my kiddos and love spending this time with them, i'm Just saying...
Sadie your a great Mom and don't forget it--you also have a pretty normal and amazing toddler. Hopefully she didn't spread the poo all over the place--Love you sis
Sadie your a great mom and don't forget about it-you have a pretty normal and amazing toddler. Hopefully she didn't spread the poo around--lol. Love you sis
Dang Sadie! You look like a hotty with those glasses! Oh yeah, you look like a hotty withouth them too! So I was thinking it's way past time for me to see you. I might be going to Utah this next weekend. Maybe we can meet up and I can meet your little girl?! eh eh?!
At least she didn't eat her poo. It could always be worse. :)
Hey Sadie, just tuned in and saw the great pictures and poem! You are a poet! I love 'ditching' water...learned it from the Master himself, Dave Deitrick out on Scout Lake Road years ago. Sadie you probably did too. He was inspiring.
Post a Comment