6.20.2009

Pre-Fathers Day Shout Out


I thought I would take a moment and share some of my thoughts on Fathers. Fathers are pretty dang amazing if we stop and think about it. They have a responsibility that can be very overwhelming and stressful at times and I seem to forget that once in awhile. But first of all, I'd like to describe what I think a father is.

**A Father cares for his children. It goes beyond remembering a name or being home for dinner. He cares deeply for their safety, health and personal well-being. He's interested in what they are interested in and trys to support them in any way he can.

**A Father works hard to teach responsibility. He doesn't work so hard so the kids can have all the toys they don't need but to bring home a message of sacrifice, honor and respect. I believe when a child learns the value of hard work they will grow up understanding that life doesn't always come easy. Its a lesson I feel is being lost among all the noise of cell phones, games and yes, the computer.

**A Father shows his love for his wife in more ways then one. He tells her he loves her in words and in actions. This shows his children that "I love you" actually means something. And he does mean it when he says it.

**A Father has the ability to love stronger then the punishment he just handed out. Behind every action is a consequence that follows and teaching that valuable lesson is vital. He understands that being a Father has to come before being a friend.

With that explanation, I truly believe that my own father is one of a kind. I love him for who he is, who he wants to be and who he has made me. I am my fathers daughter and very proud to say so.

My brother Miles is also another Father that I am amazed by. He is a true example of what a great father is.

Grandpa Benson is not only a force to be reckoned with in the world of great fathers but he went beyond and was a father to grand kids too. His love goes beyond blood and extends to those who need him the most.

And last but most definitely not least, My own husband Corey. While he's not my father...he is the father to the most precious gift in my life. Cailyn may not know it yet but she's the luckiest girl in the world! Her daddy loves her! He is a daddy to brag about and I'm sure one day she will.

This Fathers Day I'll be without my own dad and husband but it wont stop me from thinking about how great they are and how truly blessed I am.

0 comments: