
You know nothing says summer like cilantro and basil. Did you know you can harvest the seeds of the cilantro and you have coriander? Coriander is good in breads, cheeses and other stuff that I had never thought of. In fact I just learned that the coriander seed is used a lot as a seasoning. Fish, beef, chicken...you name it. Broccoli and chicken sounds really good. With some brown rice. And cauliflower with a little melted cheese drizzled over...yum.

Fried zucchini. What more needs to be said? A crisp salad topped with cucumbers makes me so happy. So does eggs and squash. Thanks Grandma Benson, you changed my life when you fed me squash and eggs.

"I say tomato and she says, BOWLING SHOES!". Oh you just gotta love Larry the Cable Guy. And you just HAVE to love cherry tomato's.

Ah, my pre-garden. I layed it all out like how I'll plant them in my garden boxes that my way cool hubby is going to help my build. You see the pumpkin in there? And the corn? I know, I'm pretty excited too. I think I'll also do strawberries. I love them so much. I bet Cailyn will love them so much too.
Yes, My mind is done with winter and its on to better and bigger things. Like taking pictures of my seeds. Just hoping and wishing it was summer already. Waiting. Wanting. Planning.
3 comments:
hey good luck with all that gardening stuff! i have a really good zucchini bread recipe on the cooking blog i told you about, you'll have to try it, its way good. yah when my sis maaret lived in england i found out corriander and cilantro are the same thing, one is just the spanish name and one is the english name, who knew!?
Now I want to have a garden this year! thanks for the inspiration!
Mmmm. I'm hungry. I better start seed shopping.
Post a Comment