I'm sure everyone has had one of these. A day where you are busy and the day flies by but by the end you are still unstimulated, bored and wondering what it was that kept you busy for 12 plus hours. For me it was painting my bedroom. It was a hideous, horrible green and now a lovely calm brown. No matter how much I love the outcome, painting is a very boring job. It didn't help that Cailyn wanted to be there to watch and play or that she didn't take a nap over 30 min, but you would think some excitement would have come out of it. Like seeing the room transform or taking pride in a job well done...nope. It was just long, tedious work. Very boring. Maybe the real kicker was that when I was done and I had fixed myself a very healthy dinner of wheat pasta with a tomato, garlic and basil sauce; I just wanted to sit and watch the news while Cailyn played on the floor only to find my cable was out. It was looking for a signal all day. Perfect. No news, no thrill, no nothing....all day. I think I am getting a tad on the whiny side so I'll shift gears and talk about something else.
Oh yeah, there really isn't anything else to blog about. Corey has to work yet another week. That makes 3 now. I have tried with no luck to get my car out of the driveway. What is "rear-wheel drive" anyway? Good thing I have a gas guzzler 4x4 as back up. Well now I just seem desperate to blog...I better sign off! Wish me luck for tomorrow. I get to paint the closet and office wall!!!! WHOOT HOOT! Oh and I'm not going to bother putting up a picture even though everyone knows it makes your blog that much more interesting.
2020: Moving Again
6 years ago

6 comments:
I'm sorry things are boring, but more power to you for painting the bedroom! Remember when we painted Amy's living room wall red on the mission? You were the paint master so you taught us all what to do. Then I remember we came back to her house about a week or two later and she had repainted the wall green - all our hard work down the tubes!
yah i definitely have those days! we should get together sometime and do something fun. or even just something, because that would be fun!
Hey I wanna see pics of the paint job--just do it already!
:) your so funny Sadie! Aaron will walk in the door and say what did you do today honey? I am shocked every time thinking how can he not see the sparkling house and amazingly mannered children I have crafted through sweat and blood throughout the day? I turn to see a messy house, rag-a-muffin chilren everywhere and then I smell the burning dinner. Typical evening for me. All I think is, trust me it was clean at 10 am!
Sadie! I love that you are still making a difference in your own home,tho it bores you to tears! Motherhood ain't fer sissies!
My best suggestion: Find your Favorite CD's--you know the ones that you woudln't dare play when Corey is home--N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, Josh Groban--put one of those on, and start paintin'! O and post AFTER pics too!
Where are the pics we took of Cailyn???? I am glad we got to see each other while I was in UTah
Post a Comment