I am getting pretty excited about our upcoming trip in two days and thought I would share my joy with you all!!! We fly out at about 9pm Tuesday night on a non stop flight to America's big Wonderful Winter Land! We'll get in about 12am AK time. Did you know Alaska has it's own time zone? Well it does. Its that big and amazing. Before that though, Corey will have to drive home Monday night from Wyoming. They are calling for a some major snow all day Monday. He's a good driver and he's got the help of Dora the Explorer (my old Ford Explorer) to get him safely home. Back to Alaska: Once we get there in the wee hours of the morn, we head straight for a hotel and get some real sleep. I don't know about the rest of you but I can't sleep on a plane. I'm sure it wont help that I'll be holding a 16lb baby for 5 hours but hey, they might be showing a really funny movie! Ok, hotel....So we'll sleep for a few hours (6-7 please) and then we'll head up to Palmer Towne for some Grandpa, Grandma and Auties time! My moms Dad and my dads Mom both live in the same Old Folks home and Aunty Barbara lives close right there in Palmer. Aunty Angie will come up from Anchorage. Its been terribly long since I've seen ANY of them!!! I am really looking forward to seeing them, having them meet Cailyn and having Cailyn play with her very old Great Grandparents! I hear there is a small Christmas Eve party planned even! Whoot Hoot! Come afternoonish time (1pm-2pmish) we'll get back into the cars and head down the Nations Top 5 Most Beautiful Scenic Drives (go home to Sterling). Its true though, its in the top 5. I wanted to do it in the day light so Corey can see just how pretty Alaska is. By the time we get home (about a 4 hour drive) it will be the Evening of Christmas Eve and I'm sure everyone will be hungry! After all that, I really don't know what we'll do all week. A
family friend will be taking our family pictures on the 26th. Yeah, that's about all I can think of for plans. But that's just fine with me!!! I am just looking forward to being in my "once upon a time" home and seeing my family! I'm sure I'll also get to see some old friends and do some much needed catch up!!! I'm way out of the loop. We head back home to Utah at about 1am on the 29th. How did we get so lucky to get TWO RED EYE FLIGHTS??? Bless my lucky stars. (huh huh) We send our love to you all and Wish you the Very Merriest of Christmas's and an Oober Good New Year!!!
4 comments:
I'm so happy for your that you are going back to Alaska for the holidays. I know that it means a lot to you. Take a lot of pictures in Alaska so you can share the beauty with us! Merry Christmas!
Schedule me into your whirlwind trip! I'm sure that our families will be doing something together Christmas Eve. I'm pretty sure that that tradition is still alive. Ian gets home on the 25th, but I'll still make sure to hang out with you. I don't think that Sheena will make it though. How about Cady Bon though? Eh eh? See you soon.
Beth
Good luck!
How exciting! I love Alaska at Chritmas! It will be so fun. And I am sure you parents will love spoiling Cailyn while you guys are there! We just got your Christmas card too. You guys look great!
Post a Comment