11.05.2008

First Snow

Its always an icky feeling when you look out to see your cars with a nice sheet of snow on them. Makes me feel sorry for them, almost like they may be cold. Although, the neighbors horses has a nice sheet of snow on them and I KNOW the poor little creatures were cold! I almost want to go steal them and put them in the basement.
Its always a wonder why the grass in Utah stays green, even with frozen water (snow) on it. Turn brown already!

I tried to capture the mean looking clouds over the mountains. Looks sad. And very cold.


Oh dear, my basement is going to be full of horses this year. I'm thinking no one in Utah knows how to build any kind of shelter that doesn't require stucco. Even a shabby leen-to would keep these bucking beauties warmer! Some people.



Yes, I have killed yet another plant. We got this lovely fern from Corey's grandparents when they moved to St. George and it stayed nice and warm in the house last winter but during the summer we put in out. Well I was afraid spiders had made a home in during the summer so I gave it a nice haircut. (like they do with kids who have lice) Well as you can see, I also left it out. I have it in now and we shall see if I truly killed it or not. There is still green my friend!! He has hope! (Sorry Grandma Benson!)




3 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

Welcome to my world of being cold! I think we are going to have a hard winter. I will just have to go tanning a lot to stay warm. Sorry you killed a plant....but I do it all the time. Your mom gave me a indoor tree and it is almost dead. I just need to send it to the plant doctor "your mom's house" to make it get better. I really try hard but I still have no success. Oh well. Have fun with all those horses in your basement!

K said...

I can't believe it has snowed in Utah! Well, actually, I can because it is Utah, haha. It's still pretty warm in DC, low 60s. Jealous much? :)

Motorcycle Mamma said...

Sadie it looks like you have truly found your home if that little weeny bit of snow is upsetting you. And I love a dramatic looking sky and all the crazy stuff that the weather does. And leave those horses outside. I feel sorrier for them when it is 100 degrees outside and they don't even have bushy tree to stand under. Your Mom the Nag