7.13.2008

Some Happinings at the Cunninghams

Spreading their wings and flying!!! Charlies babies are out of the nest and learning to fly. Although these two didn't go too far. There was four chicks altogether but now only three. This morning when Corey went out to water he found one chick in the pool. It wasn't taking a bath either. So so sad. I hope the other three find better luck.
We are getting a bad habit of putting Cailyn in bed early in the morning when I don't feel like getting up. She will lay between us with her own pillow and either squerm around, look at the fan, suck on her binky and hum or just fall back asleep. She's so cute it makes my teeth hurt. I cant help it, OKAY!
Ah, the pool. This was when we first got it and were filling it. Now we have to empty it due to dead bird cooties. But its way fun and this time we will make sure to really level the ground out. As you can see its more like an egg then a nice circle. Good times though and a great way to beat the heat!

As you can see in the first picture, we have green grass!!!! Our lawn is coming in nicely! There are still lots of weeds to get out but its green and thats all I care about! All the tree's and bushes Corey has planted are also doing really well. He is now working on a carport/lean-to in the back yard for the tools, yard equipment and stuff of that sort. He'll build on to that later this summer when he builds the shop. Eventually the back yard will lined with a carport, garage/shop and lean-to. And a pad to park our one day boat and travel trailer.
We went to the rodeo on Thursday. It was my first and I loved it!! We only were able to stay about an hour because it was just to loud for Cailyn. We are thinking we do want Cailyn to be exposed to horses though. I think she would make a good little rider and cowgirl! Plus we have the back pasture that would be perfect for a horse. It would also teach her hard work and responsability. So I think I'll start saving my dollers and quaters for a horse! Corey has already picked out a place to build a barn!
Well these are our latest happenings. Cailyn is growing like a weed, we are working hard to get the yard looking nice and life is really good! We cant wait to see Grandpa Jan and Grandma Patsy in September and Aunt Becky and kids any day now!!!!!

1 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

One week until we get to see you guys. We will be down there for two weeks but one week we are going to disney land.