I thought I better get better at updating and start blogging more often! Its already April and things are off to a great start! We aren't having the best weather for all our outdoor projects but we have been able to get some things done. Corey is digging more holes! We have taken our acre lot and divided it into three parts. First part is our front yard which is really quite small, house and back yard. We kept thinking we wanted a really big back yard with lots of grass but when we looked into the price of water out here, we went with a smaller back yard with more trees, rock gardens and some grass. The front yard will have some grass as well but we want a really nice rock garden with hedges, bushes and other hardy plants and trees. The next section is our out buildings and gravel yard. There will be a lane that extends from the driveway to go around to the shops. We'll have trees and other bushes to pretty that area up. The third section is about the same size as the first but its going to be just pasture. Maybe one day a cow, horse, chickens, lamb....we will see! So for now corey is working on getting up the fences to divide all these areas up. We hope next week will be nice so we can get some top soil out here and start laying seed, planting trees, shrubs and bushes. Coreys' grandfather has gifted Corey with a BACK HOE! I hope thats how you spell that. Its an older tracter but Corey and his grandpa have taken great care of it. Corey is so excited to get home and work on the yard with a backhoe that he doesnt have to rent! So hopefully we'll have the yard looking alot more like a nice yard then a mess of weeds, dirt and displaced rocks. I am really hoping we can get the bulk of things done before the baby gets here! We shall see. I did see the doctor today though. Things were really good. Heart beat was strong, belly is just the right size. We talked about the birth plan. I told him that Corey was the only one allowed in the room once things start looking hairy. Sorry if you had been the one who wanted to watch. I also asked that NO cameras be in the room. He laughed and agreed. He asked if I and Corey wanted to have the big mirror to watch and I very quickly declined. I also asked if he could have the nurses wash her up before handing her over. As long as I can hear her cry and I am ok. Corey and I are way to squimmish to handle all the blood and goop that they come out with. Call me crazy but its my birthplan and get what I want. :) So thats whats going on here in the Cunningham house. Hopefully I'll get better at blogging more regularly.
2 comments:
wow Sadie, that was like a blog and a half! But good info! Have you seen mary's blog? Check it out! And I'll be down there again this weekend, perhaps we can hang or something??! Peace!
Hey Sadie--sounds like you guys have it all figured out. The yard is going to look great once it's finished--you haven't mentioned where the swingset and etc are going, but you definitly have time before that needs to be there :). I can't wait to see you on Sunday--I'm glad all is well Love you!
Post a Comment