So this is what the cabnets look like now! Holy Moly! I didn't put up pictures of the whole kitchen since it takes days to upload when you have dial up. I really love how it turned out! I was so grateful that Corey was so supportive of doing it on his days off! He really wanted to wait till next winter to do it but I convinced him that doing this with a 6 month old would be hell. But together (mostly Corey) we got it done in about 3 days. I'll finish the bathrooms when he goes back to work. This was suppost to be a SADIE project for when he was gone at work but we didnt have anything else planned so we went ahead and did it this week. I did want to head down to St. George for Easter but things didn't work out. So if you are thinking about repainting your cabnets, I'll tell you its worth it! The actual doors are the most time consuming when your painting! Be sure to primer though, it makes the whole project look so good. Plus, we have so much extra paint and primer!! We only got one gallon of each and have hardly put a dent in the can! I'm thinking I'll use the rest to paint this really ugly blue wall in the office. We'll see. Or I'll take it back and see if they can make it darker. Oh and about the hinges and knobs...if you have ever looked at those little things at Home Depot, you know they cost about $2-3 a peice. Well, go to the paint department, pick up a can of black primer spray paint and a can of satin black spray paint. Lay them out on some old wood or a drop cloth and spray away! It works like a charm!!! This whole project only cost us about $60.
2020: Moving Again
6 years ago

1 comments:
Wow Sadie things look great. It looks so different from before--I love the way it turned out. And you guys had fun--the painting the hinges was a great idea and its a great contrast with the colors. Anyway glad you had a great Easter--that was so cute what Corey did!! Theres hope for him yet with the holidays--hehe! Ok I love you guys and have a great week.
Post a Comment