Yup! You guessed it! I'm at work! My usual schedule is 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. We had a couple quitters so I get to stay 4 weeks on and 1 week off. And I was sure to get a week off where Corey is AT work! Lucky Me. Needless to say I'm here for a while. Sheri gets back here on the 26th so I can train her up and let her take the wheel! Other then being really sick of work after only 5 days I have had a pretty entertaining week! Corey is driving my Explorer to work because his truck is making a funny noise. I have a lock on my gas cap which I never use from too many times being locked out of my gas tank. Well I forgot to tell Corey about this little secret of mine, where I don't turn the cap enough to lock it. He locked it not even knowing and went to the gas station to fill up only to find that the cap would not budge. He camp back to camp at 3:30 AM to get the key. I normally lock my outside door to be safe but I guess I forgot this time. So while I'm a deep sleep and enjoying my dreams I wake up to see this tall dark and very blurry figure standing in my doorway. I wanted to scream but that wasn't an option as my body froze up. Just as I was about to make an attempt at making some sort of noise, Corey turned on the light and asked me about the gas key. Thrilling, huh? So I got the key out of my purse, gave him the key and he was on his way with a kiss on the cheek. Well the day came and went and Corey came home. Only he wasn't in a very good mood. He met me at the door of the kitchen and escorted me to the car. He couldn't get the key to work. 10 min. later the guys from Rig 19 (Corey's rig crew) were huddled around the gas cap with Dave's cop spot light shinning in. How many roughnecks does it take to unlock a gas cap? 6, plus one roughnecks girlfriend to cheer them on. Tony ended up saving the day as a reamed the key in and out till it gave way. We gassed up, laughed and went back home. Corey was still in a sour mood so I rubbed his back and kissed him good night. We shall see how he does tonight. It must be rough being a driller over a huge rig that digs 10,000 feet into the earth only to hit bottom and move the rig again. They aren't into production yet so there are just a bunch of holes with wells on top waiting to be pumped. Well this is my update and I am pretty sure I have some work to do so I will chat later! Oh yeah, HAS ANYONE been watching GREYS ANATOMY? Meredith can't die!!!! What is going on anyway? I just had to vent on that one! WHOA!
1 comments:
yeah I hear you on that one I can't wait to see the next one. She had better live thats all I have to say. It think (hope) that she will deadline and then just as they call the time of death her heart will start beating again. I hope I hope cross your fingers with me.
That was a really funny story about the gas cap although I am sure Corey didn't think it was too funny. You really need to get a new cap I don't think they are that hard to find and you could save another heart attack in the night and a crumpy boyfriend. So when do you get to come home? Do you need anything? Ok talk at ya later. Oh hey Amy is pregnant. She just barely told me today and has been keeping it secret for a month (the brat). Ok I love you Tessa
Post a Comment